Forum

Een aantal handige tips en trucs voor het verminderen van paniekaanvallen en natuurlijk tips en trucs voor tijdens een aanval.

Moderators: Leon, Leap

HI,

I have a huge phobia of needles. I mean HUGE. Ever since I was 18 years old (i'm 27 now), I've managed to only get 1. It's totally absurd, and unhealthy, as I haven't had a tetnous shot in the past 7 years (you need one every 4) and haven't gotten a blood test as part of my annual physical. This year, I decided enough is enough, I was going to just do it. But every time I go in, as soon as I sit down, I get a full blown panic attack, I start hyperventilating, crying in front of complete strangers, and just get up and run out the door. I tried breathing techniques, meditation/relaxation methods, these last 2 times I got this stuff called Emla, which is this lidocaine based cream that numbs the skin. Even with the area pretty damn numb, I still couldn't do it. An every time afterwards, I feel horrible and ashamed. I'm sick of it, but I don't know what to do. It's a purely psychological thing, and I seem wholly incapable of overcoming it. It's to the point where I'm thinking, how will I ever get married if that requires a blood test? I'm making an appointment with my doctor on Fri to talk about it again, but I don;t know what the hell my options are. I'm really desperate. Anyone have any drasyic idea's? I'm going to ask if my insurance will cover me getting put under via gas and going through it that way, but I highly doubt they will. On a side note, am I the only person who thinks it totally absurd that here in the 21st century, after putting men on the moon, launching spacecraft millions of miles away, sequencing the human genome, and all the other accomplishements society has achieved, that the only way to have a blood test is to stab someone in the arm with a hollow piece of steel?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... 3&t=756593
Video content production studio

Thanks